Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

How to Role Play & Rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Raschel
The Haunted House Founder
Raschel

How to Role Play & Rules Empty
PostSubject: How to Role Play & Rules   How to Role Play & Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:32 am

What is Role Playing?
Role playing is where you play out a story. Users will come up with an idea for a story and you will make your own characters. Users will make internal and external conflicts as they go along which could have to do with love choice or a war or anything.

Character Making
Bullet Pink You must include the character’s name. It does not have to be your own. You can make up any name you want.
Bullet Pink Yes, you may be more than one person. We encourage that you to not have more than 2 people since it does get confusing.
Bullet Pink You must include a description of what the character looks like. You can either write a regular description or one of the usual and best methods of showing your character’s looks are to go to Photobucket and in the search bar type your search. The pictures are usually anime. You could search up anime boys or anime girls. When you find the picture you are looking for you click on the code bar where it says Direct Link. You copy the code and go back to the Role Play section on the Generation Dead Forums. In your reply, you click the Add A Picture button in the toolbar and paste the code there. After that is done you are finished with your description.
Bullet Pink You must add your character's age.
Bullet Pink In the threads of the different Role Plays you may be needed to add different information such as a power that you would like to have. The power could be turning invisible or controlling fire. It depends on what the creator of the thread has written.

God Modding
God Modding is where you control someone else’s character when they are away. There are rules that apply to God Modding.
Bullet Red Do NOT God Mode someone’s character unless the user gives you permission to do so.
Bullet Red If the user has left the forums for a long period of time then Private Message me telling me of the problem and I will tell you if God Modding will be allowed.

OOC Posts
To discuss ideas for the story, and how each others Characters' can/should react, or whether a Character does or does not know something, basically anything to do with the story being told, are permitted, and encouraged. However, when you do write out of character you must write in parentheses.

Role Play Topic Creators
Bullet Purple The Role Play Section will be closed once it reaches 50 topics, this allows for only one page and keeps the open ones active rather than letting them die quickly. Once the number decreases down significantly enough from 50 it will be re-opened so that more can be created.
Bullet Purple Each Role Player is only allowed to create three topics at one time, this leaves room for others to create topics as well.
Bullet Purple When making a thread, please include the names of all participants on the first page, Ex:
Raschel wrote:
Topic Name: Kiss of Life
Okay guys so here's what we're doing, I'm going to be Margie, and we're gonna pick up right after Adam gets taken off in the ambulance. Once we've got all the people I'll PM each of you with the loose plot line so we can have drama but have a kinda storyline. Feel free to add new characters and make it interesting!

Character Sheets:
Username:
Name:
(if diff, add in age both dead age and age at death)
Trad or Diff:
Appearance:

Character List:
Username: Raschel
Name: Raschel
Trad or Diff: Differently Biotic
Appearance: How to Role Play & Rules 17653_1

Username: Margie.DB
Name: Margie
Trad or Diff: Traditionally Biotic
Appearance: How to Role Play & Rules L_69914009d522415e8a84a385ef0893ae

Other
Blue Bullet If a Role Play topic has no pages or has been inactive for 1-2 weeks then it will be deleted((warning will come before deletion)).
Blue Bullet If you create a role play but you have to leave after you create it then we can only make sure no one starts the role play for 36 hours.
Blue Bullet If a role play is unable to go on then please Private Message me and I will be take it out of the section.
Blue Bullet Sex scenes are not allowed, I understand that some RPs will get to that style of a point, but remember, we have younger readers and RPers, so if it does come to that, take it to PMs. You will have 3 warnings before you are banned. I will not stand for it. You may say something short and sweet to get the point across, like: We continued the kiss and found our way to the back room where we mated. Or you could say made love, or whatever floats your boat, but no intricate details.
Blue Bullet Please remember that while you may be on with one other member of an RP, there are others in that RP and that is most often how topics die, by people not wanting to read 10 pages of hugging and kissing and I love you’s. Please try and keep it to a limit of 2 pages of one on one time then wait for others to rejoin you. Feel free to create a thread just for you two and that one scene that you can just link to, that is fine with me, once that scene is done I can move it to the Finished RP area and the link will still work to it and that way people can keep up and you can still do something while online. If it gets to be a thing lots of people do, I may add a separate section just for it. We’ll just have to see.

Examples
There is a section just for Finished RPs. These completed RPs would be good examples if you would like to see what you must do and how to do it.

Questions
If you have any questions feel free to Private Message Raschel.

Last edited by Raschel on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karen DeSonne
Karen
Karen DeSonne

PostSubject: Karen   How to Role Play & Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:29 pm

Username: Karen DeSonne
Name: Karen
(if diff, add in age both dead age and age at death)
Trad or Diff: Differently Biotic
Appearance: How to Role Play & Rules Karen_DeSonne_by_All_Shinigami_X
Back to top Go down
Raschel
The Haunted House Founder
Raschel

PostSubject: Re: How to Role Play & Rules   How to Role Play & Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 3:06 pm

lol you post that in the role play you are applying for, not in here XP thats fine though, at least others can understand this way! XP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Role Play & Rules   How to Role Play & Rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Role Play & Rules
Page 1 of 1