Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange)

Go down 
+3
Bennett
Axel
EvilGu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EvilGu
Finding out Tommy is on the Football team
EvilGu

Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange) Empty
PostSubject: Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange)   Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:45 pm

SOME SPOILERS!

In an interview Daniel Waters said the next book will be called "Passing Strange."
He also said the book will focus on a character that hasn't had much focus before.

Who do you think that character will be? Personally, I think it'll be Tak. I think the underground DB's will have their story told from Tak's POV, while the fighting on the legal ground in plain sight will continue with Pheobe and Adam....Though maybe we'll get into Tommy's head a bit?

The characters are going to be so widespread; it'll be a challenge for Daniel to make sure we all continue to feel a connection with all of them! Collette and Tommy traveling, Tak and CO. on the run, Pheobe and Adam staying home, Karen MIA...

Myself, I missed Tommy in Kiss of Life. It was like he was a ghost, existing on the internet and no where else...

Know what I hated, though? I HATED going into Pete's twisted little mind. While I know it was neccisary and you're supposed to feel angry with him, I still hated it every time. he's such an infuriating villain! You know what would be poetic justice? If he'd die...and not stay dead. Would he be a self-hating Zombie?

How often do you think we'll have to put up with Pete's insanity POV in Passing Strange? Do you think he's redeemable as a character, or will he continue to deteriorate into the evil of his prejudice?

And, most important to me, do you think Karen's ok? Will her and Tak end up together? I reeeeally like the idea of them as a couple...I just love the whole "Fight for what you believe in" fire found in their characters. Their so passionate, while many other characters seem to just go with the flow. Tak and Co actively try to change their world, and I respect that...
Back to top Go down
EvilGu
Finding out Tommy is on the Football team
EvilGu

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange)   Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:43 pm

I didn't even see this interview before: http://www.scifi.co.uk/blog/books/dan-waters-interview/

The person that we'll be hearing more form is in fact Karen! That means she's ok! Personally, I LOVE Karen, so i can't wait to hear more of her POV
Back to top Go down
Axel
Gathering in the Assembly Hall
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange)   Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:21 pm

YAY!!! KARENS OK!!!!

Tounge
Back to top Go down
http://dancing-in-firelight.deviantart.com
Bennett
Finding out about Julie
Bennett

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange)   Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:37 pm

OMG yay Karens all right!!
Back to top Go down
Starlight*
Traditionally Biotic
Starlight*

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange)   Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:30 pm

I love Karen. xD Excited to read. When does it come out?
Back to top Go down
blondeheadedkelsi
Noticing a Living Impaired w/a short skirt
blondeheadedkelsi

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange)   Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Im glad it is Karen. She sees everyones view point. Taks and Tommy's. So it will be interesting to know what she is thinking.

And i agree with you EvilGu. Hearing Pete's horrid thoughts in Kiss of Life was horrible. I just wanted to jump in the book and strangle him! I hope in Passing Strange that Dickinson and Pete will get caught!
Back to top Go down
x.ZombieOli.x
Standing in front of flying tomatoes
x.ZombieOli.x

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange)   Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:36 am

Oh My Gosh. I read the blurb thingy on some site. and i was so excited.
i was mainly excited because it was focused on Karen ... because i LOVE her.

does anyone know when it comes out in Australia?

xx
Back to top Go down
Lucky4193
Gathering in the Assembly Hall
Lucky4193

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange)   Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:19 am

lmao, I've already read passing strange so I cannot say anything! I didnt even think to come here to talk about it though I've had an account since the very beginning!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange)   Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Predictions for next book? (Passing Strange)
Page 1 of 1