Generation Dead Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Dead Forums

Where kids from all over come to discuss Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Haunted House, everyone. Stay tuned for some news from Mr. Daniel Waters himself!
It's that time of the year again! School is starting! How many new zombie friends will you make?

Vampire Kisses or Twilight?

Go down 
+5
blondeheadedkelsi
Terra
renesmee11
Axel
clonechild
9 posters

Vampire Kisses Series v. Twilight Saga
Vampire Kisses
Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_vote_lcap88%Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_vote_rcap
 88% [ 7 ]
Twilight
Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_vote_lcap12%Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
clonechild
Noticing a Living Impaired w/a short skirt
clonechild

Vampire Kisses or Twilight? Empty
PostSubject: Vampire Kisses or Twilight?   Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:39 pm

So I've recently discovered that a majority of people who have read both books actually prefer VK over Twlilight. What do you think?

I personally like VK better for a few reasons.
1. Raven is not obsessed with Alexander the was that Bella is with Edward. I mean, she has a life outside of Alexander. Of course, they do not see one another in daytime, but Bella doesn't do anything but think of Edward and obsess over him when he's gone on sunny days and whatnot. Raven is much more down to earth than that.
2. VK is not nearly as dramatic as Twilight. And it deals with more issues than Twilight does. Twilight is strictly about vampires whereas VK is about life for a teenage girl. So Raven deals with more in her life.
3. I can relate more to Raven. I think she is a more likeable character.

Anyway, I want to know your opinions.
Back to top Go down
Axel
Gathering in the Assembly Hall
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Kisses or Twilight?   Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:41 pm

plus Raven is a gothic chick, so I personally can relate more.

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://dancing-in-firelight.deviantart.com
renesmee11
Hearing about Tommy's Eye
renesmee11

Location : Forks, Washington hangin with vampires........oops i just told on myself...even though I am a vampire

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Kisses or Twilight?   Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:32 pm

idk I love Twilight and I love love love the characters so yeah I would have to go with them
Back to top Go down
Terra
Traditionally Biotic
Terra

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Kisses or Twilight?   Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:42 am

Twlight to me was boring,VK was more interesting because yeah it is more about life than Twlight.
Raven is a stronger character than Bella and I think Alexander could kick Eds butt any day.
Back to top Go down
blondeheadedkelsi
Noticing a Living Impaired w/a short skirt
blondeheadedkelsi

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Kisses or Twilight?   Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:38 pm

I love Vampire Kisses. But it seems to repeat its self a lot.
Back to top Go down
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Kisses or Twilight?   Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:46 pm

tough decision, since i love both, but im going with VK. i read that before i even heard of twilight, and i agree with a lot of what clonechild says. both are great and very well written, but VK is better. haven't read all of them yet though. i borrow them from a friend and she has yet to purchase the last two out. i may just go out and buy the myself.
Back to top Go down
http://quizilla.teennick.com/my/profile
deadred
Margie
deadred

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Kisses or Twilight?   Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 3:52 pm

I haven't read Vampire Kisses, I have read the Twilight series like 20 times though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Hauntedhouse.omgforum.net
gendeadislove
Phoebe
gendeadislove

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Kisses or Twilight?   Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:41 pm

totally read VK. you wont be disappointed. i still havent read all of them, cuz i dont have the money to buy them, and sadly my library doesnt have them but i read the first 4 or 5 and i love them!
Back to top Go down
http://quizilla.teennick.com/my/profile
JustLiveOrYou'llNeverKnow
Finding out Tommy is on the Football team
JustLiveOrYou'llNeverKnow

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Kisses or Twilight?   Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Well i liked VK but i didnt like how it ended, but i liked how Twilight was a bit more romantic. BUT Raven was way better then Bella!!!
Back to top Go down
http://lifesucksasahuman.blogspot.com/
VampyreFreak
Finding out about Julie
VampyreFreak

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Kisses or Twilight?   Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:42 am

Wel..see...VK is more childish and it sticks to the normal Vampire standards set by Dracula. Twilight makes them different..It's hard to choose really..
Back to top Go down
http://houseofnight.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Kisses or Twilight?   Vampire Kisses or Twilight? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampire Kisses or Twilight?
Page 1 of 1